Sunday, May 26, 2013

why.

 One of the questions we get ask the most is, "what/where do you eat?". For the most part, at home it's not very exciting. During the week we spend most of the time in survival mode which consists of finding something to eat for dinner that is quick and about 50% of the time we remember to include trying to eat healthy.  But when we decided to close the restaurant for a week and take a vacation, it seemed only natural (and a possible business expense) to plan an entire vacation around food.  So this is our way of sharing our food experience while we are in San Fransicsco. 

I was going to call this blog "Our Foodcation" which seemed very clever until I realized I actually didn't invent that word.    There was a small seed of hope in me that I was actually creative enough to come up with something that brilliant. But that was quickly crushed when I googled "foodcation" and there were about a million hits. I say this to lead into the pre-apologies I want to list before you start reading this blog.  I am not a writer, and not very good at grammar. Or great with technology. (It took me about 5 minutes to figure out how to turn the iPad on. And I am currently writing this post with this ridiculous keypad that Apple couldn't possibly have made to write more then three sentences.  Of course Drew got one of those fancy keypad/cases but with him asleep beside me I can't figure out how to use it by myself.  Where is a 12 year old when I need them!) My lack in ability to excel in these areas is one of the many reasons my choice to work with horses as a career was a good fit (which if you didn't know, that is what I did pre-restaurant and still do a little on the side now.) And yet I ended up co-owning a restaurant with Drew and now writing a blog predominantly about food. So I'll do my best to share our experiences but I cannot promise a punctually correct or technically savvy award winning blog. 

I also think this would be a good time to clarify that we do not intend to be food ciritcs.  It will just be our experiences about the places and the things we eat.  And on the off chance that our opionions do creep into the blog post, you can trust that they are of course right! At least Drew's will be. You should probably take most things I say about food rather lightly.  The fact that I even eat anything besides chicken fingers is a fairly new development for me.  Until I met Drew I was pretty sure places like O' Charley's was top notch as far as the food scene went.  Within a few short years my choice of cuisine has expanded at great lengths.  I have also picked up some new "foodie" vocabulary which I like to throw around from time to time.  Only half the time do I get it in the right context, but I think Drew appreciates my attempt to participate.  As many of you married people know, your spouses passions tend to somehow seep over into your own lives.  Just ask Drew... his 12th favorite hobby is riding horses.  

Well I think that lays down the ground work for the blog.  I really do have to best intentions of keeping up with this thing, but forgive me if vacation, or the iPad, gets the best of me.  We'll get to the food stuff soon enough, but as of right now we have only had airport food.  Something I won't waste your time writing about. 

No comments:

Post a Comment